Farmers Market Fresh Organic Veggie PizzaFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 small red sweet pepper, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing shopping list
- 2 tablespoons purchased pesto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano shopping list
- 4 6- to 7-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozarella or smoked provolone cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Brush zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper halves with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Place vegetables on the grill rack directly over heat.
- Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Chop the grilled vegetables. In a medium bowl combine chopped vegetables, tomato, mayonnaise, pesto, basil, and oregano.
- Place tortillas on the grill rack directly over heat.
- Cover and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted on one side.
- Turn tortillas over and spread the vegetable mixture over the toasted sides of tortillas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes more or until tortillas are lightly toasted, vegetables are just heated, and cheese begins to melt. Carefully remove from grill.
- To serve, cut into quarters. Makes 8 servings.
- That's it! Mangia bene!
- use a charcoal grill, prepare vegetables as above. Grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Prepare topping as above. Grill tortillas directly over medium coals for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn, spread with vegetable mixture, and grill 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Nutrition Facts
- Calories 201, Total Fat (g) 15, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 13, Sodium (mg) 342, Carbohydrate (g) 12, Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 6, Vitamin A (DV%) 20, Vitamin C (DV%) 41, Calcium (DV%) 12, Iron (DV%) 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
total goodness thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow! Pizza on a grill. Oh, Fresh Organic Pizza on a Grill. (as the name implies) With healthy choice recipes like this one I am sure your fan base is really growing.
Thank you for this recipe. It will be used again and again. *5*
moretilgidh in Blackshear loved it
Easy to make, healthy and a party pleaser! Super high 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!