Baked Macaroni And CheeseFrom littlemissey 5 years ago
- 1 pound box cooked elbow macaroni, drained shopping list
- 2 + 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- heaping 1/2 cup of your favorite sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper, to your liking (neither recipe called for it but I like pepper) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees.
- Boil your macaroni per directions on the box.
- Drain macaroni very well.
- While macaroni is still hot, add your 2 cups of cheddar cheese (3 if you're not going to put the extra cup on top 10-15 minutes prior to being done).
- Stir until melted.
- Combine your eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper & milk .
- Add butter (your butter will still be in pieces).
- Add to your macaroni mixture.
- Stir that up until mixed.
- Pour into your casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, add your remaining 1 cup of cheese (optional) and bake another 15 minutes.
- You do need the 40-45 minutes baking time even if you choose not to put the additional cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- *Note* If you are not planning on putting cheese on top I would use that extra cup of cheese in with the 2 cups when preparing.
- I've used both mild and sharp cheddar.
- Don't use finely shredded cheese.
- Regular shredded works the best.
- I hope you enjoy it.
- Also, I hope I have the prep time close, you never know how long a pot of water is going to take to boil. :)
The Cooklittlemissey WI
The Rating5 people
There can never be too many Mac n' Cheese recipes because they all seem to vary with one ingredient or another. I love how you have combined your Grandma's recipe with one from Paula Deen. Thank you LittleMissey for a "5" fork winner!lor in Toronto loved it
Comfort food at it's best!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
sound delicious but why not finely shredded cheese??ginnylynn in hicktown(: loved it