Hostess Cupcake CakeFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- 1 box dark chocolate fudgecake mix shopping list
- eggs, oil, & water to mix cake (how much you need of each depends on the mix you use) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup marshmallow Fluff (see my post for homemade) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3 identical 8-9" cake pans shopping list
- an oven-safe ceramic bowl 3-4" in diameter shopping list
- a cookie sheet shopping list
- a ziplock bag shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Mix up the batter according to the directions on the box.
- Lay out your three pans and lightly coat them with butter or butter spray.
- Take your bowl and butter the outside, then place it in the center of one of the pans
- Spoon batter around the bowl to make a ring of batter, then divide the rest of the batter into the other two pans. (I recommend putting the pan with the ring on a cookie sheet so that the bowl won't move around in transit.)
- The two normal cakes will cook according to the directions for 8-9" pans (abput 30 min), but remember that the ring cake will cook faster, so it should be done in about 20 min.
- If a toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done, i
- Let the cakes cool while you make the filling
- Mix everything together at medium speed until it is smooth. I recommend mixing the butter and fluff together and then adding the sugar in as it mixes because it will blend easier.
- Put 2 spoonfsull aside in a ziplock bag (to pipe the swirl on top).
- Construct the cake
- Start with one of the full cakes as your first layer.
- Use a knife to trace around the bowl and lift it out, leaving you with a ring of cake. Then, carefully flip it over on top of the first layer. Now you will have a bowl made out of cake. Fill the hole with the filling and smooth it out.
- Top it off with the last full cake.
- Use a knife to trim around the edges to make them smooth.
- Heat the cream in a small pan until steaming.
- Add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat, add the butter, and stir until smooth.
- Let stand for a few minutes before pouring.
- Pour the chocolate and smooth it out over the cake. Then, let it cool 10-15 minutes to set.
- Cupcake swirl:
- Next, take the filling that you reserved and put it in a piping bag if you have one. If you don't, put it in a ziplock bag, make a very tiny cut in the bottom corner and squeeze it down.
- Make white swirls on top, Hostess style, and let them set for about 10 minutes,
- Yum yum!
People Who Like This Dish 15
- shellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- goldeneyez Edmonton, CA
- emie73 Quinto Di Treviso, ITALY, IT
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- laurakaay Oroville, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- cutegirl23 California, LA
- ladysea Madrid, ES
- heatherinal Boaz, AL
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating11 people
At last a grand hostess cupcake yeah thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Awesome, my daughter will love it! Great post! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
This is just fabulous! Love it.rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!