Clove Apple CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples shopping list
- ===================================================== shopping list
- custard Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- additional ground cloves, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and cloves.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in apples.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Custard Sauce:
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount into egg; return all to pan.
- Bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Serve over warm cake.
- Sprinkle with ground cloves if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating5 people
just lovely... I love that there is a sauce poured over the warm cake...mmmmmmm....luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
This recipe looks lovely. I am looking forward to baking it and I know everyone will be thrilled. I also like the sauce over the warm cake. Thanks so much for a great 5 fork winner.laadeedaa in loved it
Oh, the cloves have such a special flavor! Great posting!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Sweet Suite159 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Southern Sassyness72 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
An Apple A Day30 members