Down South Yam CakeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 (15-ounce) can Cut yams, drained shopping list
- 1 (8-1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 (15-3/4-ounce) can coconut pecan frosting shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yams to creamed mixture, beating until well mixed.
- Add flour, cinnamon, soda and nutmeg; mix well. By hand, fold in pecans, raisins and drained pineapple. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, heat frosting over medium heat just until melted, stirring constantly. Spoon over cooled cake, allowing some to run down sides.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
Yum!jett2whit in Union City loved it
wow gotta make this love yams-sweet potatoes yeah high5 across the board. thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds good...now for the non-baker-that-I-am question...what is a "tube pan"? Thanks !! :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!