Cherry Coffee CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Combine margarine and sugar and large bowl. Beat until creamy. Beat in eggs and sour cream.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add gradually the sifted dry ingredients to cream mixture. Beat after each addition. Add vanilla. Pour 1/2 of this mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with Cherry-pie filling. Pour remaining 1/2 of mixture over pie filling.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, flour and pecans in a small bowl. Cut in margarine with two knives. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Variation: May substitute other ready-made fruit pie fillings or an equal amount of homemade fruit pie filling.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
Keep 'em comin'!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
ok like kath said keep em coming im waiting on all 8 hahahahahaahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
As usual-5+++++++++++++++! Love ya!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it