Potato Leek SoupFrom squirk 6 years ago
- 1 pound leeks, cleaned and dark green sections removed, approximately 4 to 5 medium shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- Heavy pinch kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning shopping list
- 14 ounces, approximately 3 small, yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced small shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the leeks into small pieces.
- In a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and a heavy pinch of salt and sweat for 5 minutes. Decrease the heat to medium-low and cook until the leeks are tender, approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes (double potatoes if you'd like) and the vegetable broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and gently simmer until the potatoes are soft, approximately 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream, buttermilk, and white pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately, or chill and serve cold.
The Cooksquirk Juno Beach, FL
The Rating4 people
Nice simple tasty recipe.
Thank you for sharing!
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
This sounds fabulous! We are big soup eaters here and this would go over very well with my family.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!