White Clam Sauce and ShrimpFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen cavatelli pasta shopping list
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh broccoli florets, cut in smaller pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen, shelled, medium shrimp, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1 jar (12 oz) white clam sauce shopping list
- 1 tomato, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as package directs, adding broccoli to pasta water 3 minutes before pasta is done. Drain pasta and broccoli; return to pot.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until aromatic. Add shrimp, salt and crushed pepper (if using). Saute 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and just barely opaque in center. Add clam sauce; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute for flavors to blend.
- Pour over pasta and broccoli, add tomato and toss to mix and coat.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.