Triple Chocolate CheesecakeFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) butter, softened shopping list
- 11/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (about 27 Nabisco Famous chocolate wafers or 20 Oreo cookies, finely crushed) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 3 bricks (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (NeufchÃ¢tel), softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 oz milk chocolate shopping list
- 4 oz white chocolate shopping list
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate shopping list
- chocolate glaze shopping list
- 3 oz bittersweet baking chocolate shopping list
- 2 Tbsp stick butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Place a sheet of foil on oven rack to catch any drips. Heat oven to 350F. You';ll need an 8 x 3-in. springform pan coated with nonstick spray.
- Crust: In small bowl, rub butter into crumbs until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes on foil sheet until set. Cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl several times with a silicone or rubber spatula. With mixer on low speed beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then sour cream and vanilla just until blended.
- Divide the batter evenly (about 2 cups each) among 3 medium bowls. Melt the chocolates separately. Stir milk chocolate into 1 bowl of batter, white chocolate into another and semisweet chocolate into third. Spread milk chocolate batter in prepared crust in an even layer. Carefully spoon white chocolate batter over milk chocolate layer to cover; gently smooth with an offset spatula (do not let batters run together). Spoon semisweet chocolate batter over white chocolate layer to cover; smooth with an offset spatula (do not let batters run together).
- Bake 11/4 hours or until set and center still jiggles slightly when shaken (cake should have pulled away from sides of pan; if not, carefully run a thin knife around edge of pan to release cheesecake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Chocolate Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan; whisk over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; let cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan sides; place cheesecake on serving plate. Spread glaze over top of cheesecake, just to the edge (some glaze may drip down side of cake). Refrigerate just until glaze is set or, if chilled longer, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Â Â
- Suggestion: Make cake through Step 5 one to two days before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating9 people
Loving the TITLE of this..let alone the taste. Will def try this soon...Thanks !! :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
Looks fabulous!midgelet in Eastern loved it
mmmm...super!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!