Hot Fudge SauceFrom pieplate 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a 1-qt sauce pan, heat the butter and cream until the butter melts.
- Add the chocolate, and stir gently until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until mostly blended.
- Add the sugar and the corn syrup.
- Whisk until blended.
- DO NOT STIR IT AFTER THIS POINT!
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Do not try to hurry this.
- Cover the sauce pan and cook, covered for 3 minutes. Use a timer.
- Uncover the sauce pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Use a timer. If you doubt that it is ready, use ice water to test for soft-ball--but, really, timing works fine.
- Remove the pan from heat; if you are going to serve at the table, pour into your little pitcher.
- When the sauce has cooled for a few minutes, add the vanilla and stir.
- If you serve this immediately after preparing it, it will melt your ice cream. Everything will still taste good, but you'll miss out on the marvelous contrast of textures.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating2 people
Loving the sound of this!! LOVE Hot Fudge :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it