Cheesy Zesty Popcorn CornbreadFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- cheesy popcorn Corn bread shopping list
- Preparation time: 10 minutes shopping list
- Baking time: 25 minutes shopping list
- 4 cups popped popcorn shopping list
- 1 cup yellow corn meal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup shredded jack or pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild, diced green chilies, drained, shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Process the popcorn in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Pour ground popcorn into a large bowl and stir in corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Beat egg, milk and vegetable oil together in a small bowl and stir into popcorn mixture just until blended.
- Scatter cheese and chilies, if desired, over batter and stir just until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned at edges and tester comes out clean. Cut into squares to serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
way to go JM and it's gluten free to boot !!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
It is a must try it dish. Thank you for sharing. *5*
Definitely a fan.
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
Oh my, this is really delicious and original!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!