Dilled Potato and Green Bean SaladFrom pudgy47 8 years ago
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes shopping list
- 1 pound slender fresh green beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tps sugar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tps salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1-1/2 tps. dried dill weed shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 2 large pots of salted water to boiling. Add potatoes to 1 pot. Cover. Simmer 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain, cool slightly. Leaving skins on, quarter each potato. Place in medium serving bowl.
- 2. In second pot of boiling water, add green beans and cook briefly, 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp tender, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and add to potatoes.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl blend oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic and salt, pour over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate hours.
- 4. Stir onion, celery and hard-cooked eggs into potato mixture
- 5. Ina small mixing bowl blend the mayonnaise and dill weed, add to potato and green mixture. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
This looks great!!!! Thanks..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
This looks and sounds awesome!!! Gotta try this one soon.
Gemtnacndn in Jasper loved it
The fresh dill I used made this dish!
I also used a dilled vinegar that I got at a Farmer's Market last year instead of the white wine vinegar.helewes in Newton loved it