My Spudnuts-glazed Potato DoughnutsFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup milk ( even skim is fine ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white vegetable shortening ( i.e Crisco ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 large egg fork beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbs. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared plain mashed potatoes cooled shopping list
- ( potatoes may be also made from instant mashed potatoes ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 to 5 cups+ all purpose flour, extra flour for the board shopping list
- oil to fry shopping list
- Thin sugar Glaze: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot tap water shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat milk with shortening, sugar and salt just to melt shortening.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast that has been dissolved in the water till foamy; then add
- the egg, potatoes, and the 1/2 cup water.
- Beat in flour gradually by hand to form a stiff pliable dough that leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Knead smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rise triple in volume in a warm palce.
- Gently punch down and roll out on a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with standard doughnut cuter.
- Let doughnuts rise 1 hour.
- Fry in deep hot oil, turning and cooking till golden and done.
- Drain on paper.
- Dip in prepared glaze while hot and set doughuts on rack to cool .
- Have some toweling under the rack to catch some of
- the dripping glaze.
- Yield: all depends on the size of your doughnut cutter.
- Note: recipe may be halved if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- tilgidh Blackshear, GA
- herby Albany, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- karen46 Prophetstown, IL
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- broadzilla Saxonburg, PA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
a wonderful yeast doughnut thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this! It is filled.
PS: Love the new Avatar. Beautiful!
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it