M Symons Tomato And Bleu Cheese SoupFrom davidwhittaker 6 years ago
- 2 cans of organic whole peeled tomatoes (preferably San Marzano) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 minced red onion shopping list
- 12 oz vegetable stock shopping list
- 4 oz cream shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk blue cheese shopping list
- Siracha to taste (Asian hot sauce) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped basil shopping list
How to make it
- Sweat onions and garlic with salt until translucent.
- Add drained tomatoes and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add liquid from tomatoes and stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in blender with remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
- Check seasoning and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 40
The Cookdavidwhittaker Avon Lake, OH
The Rating6 people
This soup is amazing, I can't wait to make it again!
davidwhittaker in Avon Lake loved it
Buttermilk Blue Cheese is just a variety of blue cheese. It is a bit creamy than most blue cheese and gives the soup a better texture. It can be difficult to find but good cheese shops and higher end grocery stores should have it.
I have m...moredavidwhittaker in Avon Lake loved it
I'll eat sliced tomatoes with blue cheese crumbles so this soup is a natural fit for me. Love it and I can add as much hot as I want for me and leave it plain for the hubby. Delicious, and really easy to make.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it