Black Olive BreadFrom maryeaudet 9 years ago
- 1 envelope (2 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons instant yeast shopping list
- 2 cups warm water (100° to 110°F) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups (about) all-purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 2 cup whole whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 c gluten shopping list
- 1 Tbs coarse black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flavorful black olives, such as Gaeta, pitted and coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Mix water, yeast, 2 c flour, pepper, and olives together
- allow to stand up to 4 hours. longer will develop flavor.
- mix in salt, oil, and remaining flour and gluten until an elestic dough is formed. Knead 15 minutes by hand or as directed on your mixer.
- oil and let rise until doubled. About 1 1/2 hours
- punch down, form into oval or cloche and slash top
- let rise until doubled 30-45 minutes
- for a golden glossy crust brust with egg.
- bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until loaf sound hollow when tapped.