Warm Chocolate VolcanoFrom gourmetana 7 years ago
- 3 whole eggs shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 tablespoons golden caster sugar shopping list
- 6 oz plain chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa shopping list
- 5 oz unsalted butter shopping list
- 8 tablespoons plain flour shopping list
- 6 chocolate truffles shopping list
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF.
- Put the eggs, egg yolks and sugar into a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 8 - 10 min until light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in bain-marie.
- Gently fold the flour into the egg mixture. Stir a spoonful of egg mix into the melted chocolate, then gently fold the chocolate mix into the remaining egg mix.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture into each of six remekins. Put a chocolate truffle into the centre of each, taking care not to push it down.
- Divide the rest of mixture among the ramekins making sure the trufle is covered. Each ramekin should be about 3/4 full. (You can also use muffin cups instead of ramekins so when it's done you get the same result I did the time I took the photo).
- Bake for 10 min or until the top is firm and starting to rise and crack.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- janniegirl Johannesburg, ZA
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- bloom Dusseldorf, DE
- chi_phx_singer Scottsdale, AZ
- mis7up Fort Sill, OK
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔