Chocolate Icebox Pie From LubysFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups milk divided shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 7 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, extra-large shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1 pie shell, 9-inch baked shopping list
- whipped cream, sweetened for topping shopping list
- chocolate curls or shavings for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa, and butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla until well-blended.
- Gradually add egg yolk mixture to mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they melt and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto filling.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate curls.
- Note: Pressing plastic wrap directly onto hot pie filling prevents a tough, "skin" from forming as pie cools. Use a potato peeler to make decorative chocolate curls or shavings from a chocolate candy bar.
- Source: Houston Chronicle, Nov. 13, 1996, p.5F
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
Mmmmmm I'm lovin it. High 5 all the way to the kitchen to make it ;)laadeedaa in loved it
Amazing recipe, Lor. Thank you for sharing it with us!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
great tasty recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it