SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFFFrom bestcooker 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes and well trimmed of fat shopping list
- about 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- one 8 ounce package sliced, fresh mushrooms shopping list
- about 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- minced garlic, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- Hot, cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Spray crockpot with no-stick cooking spray. Combine about 1/4 cup flour with pepper. Toss with beef to coat well. Place meat in crockpot. Add onions and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine beef broth and garlic. Pour mixture over meat and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8-10 hours. Before serving, combine sour cream and flour until smooth. Stir into meat mixture and cook, uncovered, until nicely thickened, about 5 minutes or so. Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles.
- Note: Cut up a boneless beef chuck roast to get the most tender stew meat. The prepackaged stew meat is made up of whatever the butcher has left at the end of the day, so you never know exactly what's in there. That's why the meat can be tender one time and not the next - different cuts!
People Who Like This Dish 38
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating11 people
Excellent....soooo good!! The only thing I did a little different was to add about 4 oz. of light cream cheese when I added the sour cream mixture. Thick, creamy and so tasty! Thank you bestcooker!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
I made this tonight for supper and OH MY it was great. My Husband is not a noodle person, but he did like this a lot. Thanks for the recipe. You got my Five Forks 55555
Thanks Love and Laughter Suesuecake in loved it
Made this today, and it was so good! I did the cream cheese, too, but I actually just added it in the beginning. I also added a bit of dry mustard and fresh parsley(just for color, really :), but I followed the rest....other than I used 3lbs of meat...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it