Tandoori ChickenFrom mark555 7 years ago
- 2 limes shopping list
- 8 oz plain low fat yogurt shopping list
- ½ small onion chopped shopping list
- 1 TBS minced, peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 TBS paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- ¾ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp cayenne shopping list
- Pinch ground cloves shopping list
- 1 chicken cut into parts shopping list
- tzatziki sauce shopping list
- 1 Cup low fat yogurt shopping list
- 2 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 3 TBS chopped onion shopping list
- 3 TBS cucumber shopping list
How to make it
- From 1 lime squeeze 2 TBS juice
- Cut remaining lime into wedges and set aside for garnish
- In a blender puree juice, yogurt, ginger, onion, and all spices until smooth
- Place marinade and chicken in a medium bowl or a zip lock bag, turning to coat chicken.
- Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate chicken 30 minutes to marinate. (or longer)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Arrange chicken on rack in medium roasting pan (14” to 10”)
- Spoon half of marinade over chicken; discard remaining marinade.
- OR you can do as I did and just put everything into a baking dish and pop it into the oven.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes until juices run clear hen thickest part of breast is pierced with tip of knife, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to warn platter; garnish with lime wedges to serve.
- Serve with hot brown rice.
- Tzatziki sauce
- 1 Cup low fat yogurt
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 3 TBS chopped onion
- 3 TBS cucumber
- put everything into a blender and blend until smooth
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating4 people
Mark, I loooove your stories behind the recipes - you always manage to put a smile on my face! AND HOT STUFF THIS TANDOORI RECIPE - HANDLE WITH CARE! or more liquids (yeah!), as Tinkerbell says!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
hahahahahaaha lmao!!!!!!!!! mark you are so damn funny...........ok now back to the recipe i like indian foods and thai and hot foods so dont need to tone it down just drink more liquids hahahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it