Sweet Potato CroquettesFrom 55to64 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bake the sweet potatoes until they are very soft.
- Skin the potatoes and place pulp in a bowl.
- Add melted butter, milk, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix thoroughly and let cool completely.
- When potatoes are completely cooled, wrap about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes around a marshmallow creating a cone shaped croquette.
- Beat egg until yolk and white are combined.
- Dip croquette into flour, then egg and finally corn flakes. Be sure to press the corn flakes into the croquettes.
- Chill croquettes about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil is a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Fry croquettes a few at a time until the corn flakes are browned.
- Keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- NOTE: You can make these the day before and deep fry shortly before serving. They're great!