Yang Chow Fried RiceFrom jrt_mom 8 years ago
- 6 cups cooked leftover jasmine rice (overnight in fridge is better) or use any leftover rice with grains well separated. shopping list
- 3/4 cup shrimps, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 3/4 cup honeycured ham, cubed shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten, scrambled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots shopping list
- 2 stalks green onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 scallion, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate shrimp with salt, pepper and cornstarch for 10 mins.
- Heat a large wok and add oil. Swirl to coat entire pan.
- Saute garlic and scallions.
- Add shrimp and ham cubes. Stir.
- Add carrots and peas. Stir.
- Add rice, green onions, scrambled eggs and sesame oil.
- Move ingredients around, don't let anything stick to the sides and bottom of pan. Using a teflon-coated or non-stick wok is better.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with soy sauce and toss.
- Serve HOT.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjrt_mom Metro Manila, PH
The Rating8 people
are peas bad for the joints?
i have ALWAYS loved fried rice,
shrimp is my fav, shredded pork is nextfrodo in meadville loved it
great recipe, thanks, what part of asia is this from?nadeemnirvana in Sudbury, Nr Harrow/Wembley loved it
This sound great. I love fried rice. Have a favorite of my own. Variations are always good. I have never found a problem with peas and my joints.lura in Welcome To loved it