Coffee Ice Cream From ScratchFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- Cooking time does not include freezing time... shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh coffee (finely ground) shopping list
- 8 oz (200g) soft brown sugar (light) shopping list
- 1 pint (500ml) milk shopping list
- 6 fl.oz (approx 185ml) very hot water shopping list
- ****Note, you can use egg whites to make meringue shells to serve up the ice cream on top of....and with that thought, I will share with everyone how to make those...recipe to be posted soon. shopping list
How to make it
- Tip: Make sure you use good quality, fresh coffee
- Take the finely ground coffee and pour the water onto it then let it stand for about 10 mins.
- You then need to remove the coffee grounds so strain the mixture.
- In a heatproof bowl mix together the sugar and egg yolks, then whisk until thick and pale.
- Whisk in the milk and the coffee, then put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering (though not boiling) water or use a double boiler.
- Cook until the mixture is thick (ie. until it forms a layer on the back of a wooden spoon) being sure to stir it all the time.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and place the bowl to one side to cool.
- If you want to prevent a skin forming on the mixture you can try covering the surface with a piece of damp, greaseproof paper. (You can use plastic wrap gently laid down on top of ice cream)
- When cool, transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once your ice cream has thickened in your ice cream machine, then put ice cream into a bowl with lid into your freezer to completely freeze (might take at least four hours) until ready to serve.
- photo courtesy of restaurantwindows.com
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
This has my name written all over it! Might add some vanilla to make it like one of those drinks I get at Starbucks! Yummmmmmlinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Fabulous recipe!!! My ice cream maker is ready for action with this recipe! Can't wait to make it and toss some hot fudge on top. YUM! Thanks so much for the recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!