Whole-Wheat Chick Pea PastaFrom 10gallonhat 8 years ago
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp of oil shopping list
- 1 16 oz package of frozen broccoli shopping list
- 1 16 ox can of chic peas (garbanzo beans) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan. shopping list
- 4-6 oz of dried whole wheat pasta shopping list
- 1/3 cup of pasta water shopping list
How to make it
- Have pot of boiling water for pasta ready.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, stir and let simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, stirring, until fragrant - about 30 seconds.
- Add the package of frozen broccoli and let it sit, resist the urge to stir, for about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Stir the brocolli once, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes more, until the broccoli is heated through.
- Add the chick peas and cook for two minutes until heated through.
- Take 1/3 cup of water from pasta and add to the chick pea mixture.
- Drain the pasta.
- Bring Water in chick peas to a boil and reduce by half over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Toss pasta in with chick peas, add parmesan cheese and lots of fresh cracked pepper.
- Plate and Serve!
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cook10gallonhat Minneapolis, MN
The Rating8 people
Bookmarked! This looks great Marc. Chick Peas are my favorite. I use them in everything, though not in this combination.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
I'm gonna try this tonight using green chick peas from Trader Joe's, and minus the broccoli. Hopefully it'll still be good!cincodemayo1 in Los Angeles loved it
This was delicious and very, very quick! I threw in some chopped asparagus that had been languishing in the fridge, too. :)annagorn in Poughkeepsie loved it