1960 Orange RollsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 2 packages active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups flour, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated orange rind shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 stick margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and margarine.
- Bring to a boil, stir and let cool.
- Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in mixer bowl.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Add the milk mixture, eggs and 2 cups flour.
- Mix, adding more flour as needed, to make a slightly firm dough.
- Place dough into a greased bowl, turning to grease all sides of dough.
- Let rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Punch down dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a rectangle.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, orange rind and raisins.
- Sprinkle dough with sugar mixture.
- Roll up dough into a log.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices.
- Place slices in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and orange juice.
- Frost rolls with icing.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
DELICIOUS!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yummy ... I bet these smell divine!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
love orange rolls thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it