Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes using SplendaFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup SPLENDA® sugar Blend shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cocoa and boiling water, whisking until blended. Set aside.
- Combine flour, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).
- Combine eggs, milk, cocoa mixture and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/3 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 2 times.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar or frost with Rich Chocolate Frosting.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbs: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 2g
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
thanks, they sound delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Nice recipe, Peeta! I love Splenda recipes, mainly because my mom cannot have to much sugar, but she loves sweets and I like to surprise her with things like this.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Wow.... this is beautiful and delicious!berry in Riverside loved it