Grandmas Pot RoastFrom laurakaay 8 years ago
- 1 3-1/2 lb. chuck roast shopping list
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters shopping list
- 5 large carrots, peeled, halved and cut into large pieces shopping list
- 4 small cooking onions, peeled and halved shopping list
- 5 parsnips, peeled, halved and cut into large pieces shopping list
- salt & pepper to cover roast shopping list
- 1 Cup of beef broth shopping list
- 2 Cans of beefy mushroom soup shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Rinse and pat dry chuck roast, sprinkle salt and pepper over roast to coat to your own tastes.
- Place in a dutch oven and add beef broth and prepped veggies.
- Cover and bake for 2-1/2 hours in oven.
- Add beefy mushroom soup over contents of pan, re-cover and bake for another hour or until veggies are fork tender.
- Remove pan and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a warm platter with veggies surrounding roast, reserve gravy for the gravy boat and serve with warm dinner rolls and a tossed salad.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating3 people
Sounds soooooo good!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Hi Laura.Sounds like a great dish!Did you ever notice that when the word "Grandma" is in a recipe,it always turns out to be a big hit? Nobody cooks like dear old Grandma,I guess.Will have to try this soon.
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!