Shrimp NachosFrom keni 7 years ago
- 1lb small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 large bell pepper, orange, yellow or red, chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped(or 1/2 small onion, or 3 green onions, chopped) shopping list
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced(or you can add rinsed and drained capers, instead) shopping list
- 1/2t cumin shopping list
- 1/2t chili pepper(also add cayenne for extra heat) shopping list
- 1/2t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2t onion powder shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- cilantro or parsley shopping list
- squirt of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- chips* shopping list
- *again, you can use purchased tortilla chips or fry or bake your own---I fry my own and season them* shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, melt butter and olive oil. Add scallions, mushrooms, bell pepper and shrimp. Hit with a dash of lemon juice.
- Add cumin, chili pepper, garlic and onion powders and salt and pepper and toss while cooking, cooking until shrimp is pink and veggies are tender.
- Layer chips on serving plate and top with shredded cheese.
- When shrimp/veggie mixture is done, immediately put on top of cheese(using a slotted spoon, if needed, depending on moisture content). This will partially melt the cheese, and it's how I recommend doing it...you don't really want to bake these to melt the cheese.
- Top with green olives, sour cream and cilantro or parsley
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
Keni you have made a new hit by mixing it up a bit with the shrimp as a meat replacement.This pescatarian style recipe is wonderful I love those pimento stuffed olives too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Wowsers - this sounds and looks divine! I love shrimp and I love nachos - so this a double winner. Thanks! Can't wait to taste this...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Keni, it looks incredible! Thanks! 5*****gourmetana in London loved it