Real Old Fashioned LemonadeFrom charrm1 8 years ago
How to make it
- Directions to make the lemon concentrate.
- Finely grate the rind of 2 lemons.
- In a saucepan (avoid aluminium pan because of the reaction with the citric acid), on the stovetop, combine the grated lemon rind, sugar, water and salt. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Take off the stove and let the mixture cool slightly.
- In the meantime, press the juice of all the 8 lemons, then add the lemon juice to the cooled mixture and stir. Let it cool completely.
- Keep this lemon concentrate in the fridge up to 3 weeks.
- For serving - dilute a 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of concentrate in 3/4 to 1 cup of cold water or in a soda water. Add ice and lemon slices before serving.