Spiced Sweet Potato Mini-loavesFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and pureed shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- In a large saucepan, combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, apple juice, raisins, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, soda and baking powder.
- Add to the cooled sweet potato mixture; stir well.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into 3 greased mini (approximately 3 x 6-inch) loaf pans.
- Bake on lowest rack in 325*F oven for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out and transfer loaves to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 3 mini loaves or 18 servings
- You can also make these loaves even healthier by adding 1/2 cup of cranberries to your batter. Cranberries and sweet potatoes go very well together! :+D