Almond Cake with Cherry BrandyFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (7-ounce) package almond paste, broken into pieces shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add almond paste, 1 piece at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in brandy, almond extract and salt.
- Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl; add to batter.
- Beat just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; spreading evenly.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Transfer cake to platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- You might also wish to ice this cake with an almond or cherry icing.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- thatsmystyle Hamilton, CA
- bakerygirl Seattle, WA
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- annielikestocook Annacotty, IE
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- jackdawgzillacakes Phoenix, AZ
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- henrie Savannah, GA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating10 people
mmm. like marzipan! Can I have a slice?elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This sounds FAB! 5!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
Sounds wonderful, great post, I know I will love this one, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!