Easy Italian Sausage-vegetable SoupFrom rottman 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb Italian pork sausage (either sweet or hot) shopping list
- 1 c carrots; sliced shopping list
- 1 lg baking potato; cubed shopping list
- 1 cl garlic; minced shopping list
- 2 14 1/2-ounce can beef broth shopping list
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas; drained shopping list
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can pasta-style chunky tomatoes; undrained shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 c zucchini; diced shopping list
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese; grated shopping list
How to make it
- Stir fry the sausage in large skillet until no longer pink. Drain.
- In slow cooker, combine cooked sausage and all remaining ingredients except zucchini and cheese; stir gently to mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Shortly before serving, remove and discard bay leaf from soup. Gently stir in zucchini. Cover; cook an additional 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle each serving bowl with cheese in the amount desired.
- Note: I usually buy Italian sausage links and extrude the content into the skillet directly, discarding the casing. For variety you can cut-up a parsnip as a substitute for the carrot, or as an addition to the recipe.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating4 people
Hello my little rottman lover how are you ?????lol lol this is a nice recipe thanks for sharing
p.s. the rottman lover refers to your love for them (rottweilers)............to set the record straight hahahaaha i just read this and it soun...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thank you rottman hahahahaha that was priceless huh!!!!! tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmm, sounds easy AND yummy! OooOOOOooo, fresh kale! Maybe some buttnut squash chunks, too.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!