Aunt Sarahs Unstuffed Stuffed CabbageFrom ttaaccoo 7 years ago
- Vegetables: shopping list
- 1 head cabbage 2 lbs. shopping list
- medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes , 1 lb. 12 oz. shopping list
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 1 lb chopped or ground beef or turkey (I use turkey) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp.sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup shopping list
- pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- Additional ingredients shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon (fresh) shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 4-5 gingersnaps, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, quarter and shred head of cabbage,
- and arrange in bottom of deep pot with cover.
- Add onion and tomatoes, drained. Save juice .
- Top with meatballs made by mixing the meat, salt and sugar , ketchup and a twist of the pepper grinder.
- Add enough tomato juice to cover cabbage and meat.
- Add the lemon juice , 1 tsp sugar and gingersnaps over all, and cover and simmer 1-2 hours, stirring from time to time.
- Double recipe for a crowd.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- wallyo35 Birmingham, Alabama
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- pieplate Claremont, CA
- faithwalker Daytona Beach, FL
- whuebl Annapolis, MD
- broadzilla Saxonburg, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
The Rating6 people
Being that I am very fond of stuffed cabbage, but just don't have time to feed the little devils this sounds like a great idea! Thank you for sharing.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh, those gingersnaps--very very Euro. My grandmother always used raisins and tomatoes (providing the acid), but these would certainly do the job ;--)pieplate in Claremont loved it
One of my favorite dishes ever....love the gingersnap addition.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!