Mascapone Chocolate Raisin CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- SOAK TIME OVERNIGHT shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup brandy shopping list
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 13 oz mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the raisins in the brandy until plump, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment or waxed (greaseproof) paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler over hot, not simmering, water. Set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cooled, melted chocolate and fold in the flour. Drain the raisins, reserving the brandy, and fold them into the mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- When cool, remove the cake from the pan and, using a serrated knife, cut the cake horizontally in half, creating 2 cake layers.
- Combine the mascarpone and whipped cream and stir in 2 tablespoons of the reserved brandy from the raisins. When the cake has completely cooled, top the bottom layer with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Place the other layer of the cake on top and spread the remaining mascarpone over the top and sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve immediately.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
This is over the top Joymarie! Al those delicious layers My mouth is watering>
Flagged as beautiful saved and printed
Quadruple High Five
trigger in loved it
Wow - how richly delicious! Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
I miss this delight?,, saved!magali777 in Mexico loved it