Cherry Creme Brulee custardFrom linebb956 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat cream to a scald.
- Mix together egg yolks, whole eggs, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add cherries.
- Slowly pour in scalded half and half or cream to egg and sugar mix, stir, stir, stir. This is a must!
- Pour this mix into 4 well-greased ramekins or oven proof dishes.
- Place the dishes in a large cake pan filled half-way with water. It is easier to fill pan with water in oven.. just don't splash into custards.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degree oven until set, or about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- To serve, place a tablespoon of brown sugar on top of each custard and torch to caramelize.You can put them in a 500 degree broiler, close to the heating element, browned. The torch is much easier.
- Remember the slower you cook your custards the better. If it is too hot, the resulting custard will look curdled. I have used white sugar on top and it was good too.
- This takes time but really good.