Parmesan Rice Crusted Zucchini PieFrom lincolntoot 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 cups grated zucchini shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper shopping list
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, about 4 shakes) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or rice flour for GFer's shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°; spray a 13 x 9 inch ovenproof baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter, add in the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, and cook until the zucchini is no longer giving off moisture, about 4-6 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the broth, whisking until smooth.
- Add in cream, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into the casserole dish; sprinkle with the rice and then the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the rice is tender and the cheese is golden.
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating6 people
ok count me in on this one. great ingredients, can only imagine the heavenly taste.blondeberry in Charleston loved it
Sounds tasty...I will be trying this recipe soon.debwin in Toronto loved it
Not sure how I missed all these great recipes 1st time around! This is wonderful!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it