MEXICO CITY GUACAMOLEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 6 ripe avocados nice large ones if you can find them.. if not add 1 or 2 more if they are small shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 6 plum tomatoes, finely diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano minced fine, OR 1 Tablespoon dried, rubbed in palm before adding. shopping list
- 1 small bundle cilantro chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (with seeds if you like hot) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly coarse ground pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoon olive oil (optional) it helps keep tomatoes from getting soggy. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed by tapping the seed with a sharp knife and twisting out.
- SAVE THE SEEDS.
- Score each side of flesh in small squares with a paring knife and use big spoon to remove from skin.
- Place the avocados in a bowl and mash with a fork until you get the. I like it left that chunky. Others like to smash with a fork more.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except lime.
- Add part of the lime juice and taste, we like it with a lot. Others do not.
- Adjust seasonings to your tastes.
- Use soon, otherwise it will start to turn dark. If you put the seeds on top and cover with plastic wrap it will help to keep it from turning so dark.. Keep the air out!
- Deep fry some corn tortillas that you have cut, sprinkle with salt or garlic salt and serve together... Pass the beer!
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating7 people
I love this stuff....I like mine like this... with *stuff* in it....LOL Thanks.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
This is a PERFECT guac recipe - with the addition of 3 or 4 more jalapenos! Thanks for sharing!!sunny in Portland loved it
I recently made this and it was delicious. Hubby and BIL really liked it so it's on the keeper list.
Thanks for posting it.
thepiggs in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!