garlic bread by the sliceFrom midwestguy 8 years ago
- sliced french or Italian bread about an inch thick (2 slices or more) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter ( i use unsalted, the parmesan is salty ) shopping list
- 3 cloves of minced garlic (i use a garlic press) shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese shopping list
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional, i like the hit of heat) shopping list
How to make it
- preheat broiler to 350 or low. (my broiler is on top so i adjust the oven rack to the 2nd from the top)
- in a pyrex measuring cup mince the garlic and add the butter and the dash of red pepper flakes (optional). microwave until bubbly
- brush the butter garlic mixture onto each slice of bread
- top with parmesan cheese
- broil until desired brownness (is that a word??) LOL
- i like mine golden with a little more brown on the edges
- please be careful, this burns really easy.. I cannot tell you how many times i have forgotten i had this in the broiler and had to make it over..
- live and learn right?
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookmidwestguy Chicago, IL
The Rating7 people
Great Job, on this wonderful bread...! Delicious. Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
I love classic recipes! Nothing better than this one! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!