Amaretto Italian Sour Cream CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground pecans or nuts shopping list
- 1 package pudding-included butter recipe cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup Amaretto shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 2 to 4 teaspoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground pecans or nuts shopping list
- 6 maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using 2 tablespoons shortening, generously grease a 10 inch tube pan.
- In small bowl, beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Gradually add brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Fold in coconut and ground pecans. Spread meringue on bottom and sides of pan to within 1 inch of top of pan. In large bowl, blend cake mix, sour cream, amaretto, water, eggs and 2 yolks at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- GLAZE: In a small bowl, blend powdered sugar, cocoa, amaretto, butter, corn syrup and water until smooth. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides of cake. Sprinkle with ground pecans. Garnish with cherries.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating9 people
luscious sounding!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh yummmmmmmmmmm this is a winner! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
oh delish henrie it sounds so yummy.got my 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!