Soft and Chewy Molasses CookiesFrom jaeleepoms 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsulfured blackstrap molasses shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease the cookie sheets. In a large bowl cream together the brown sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in the egg and molasses until light and creamy.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto the prepared sheets 2 inches apart (I like to sprinkle with some sugar before baking) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cookies should not brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container, or wrap well and freeze.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating4 people
Great cookie!! With summer coming, I go a bit beyond the norm with this recipe. Please see alteration, but you do NOT have to change this cookie. Perfect by itself.hooksc in Zeeland loved it
Just made these and love the recipe. Thank you for posting!njspanteach in Green Brook loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!