Tiramisu Inspired TrifleFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- 2 – 10.75 oz. frozen pound cakes shopping list
- 1 c. hot water shopping list
- 3 rounded tsp. instant espresso powder shopping list
- 1 pint whipping cream shopping list
- 2/3 – 1 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 – 8 oz. packages neufchatel cheese (‘light’ cream cheese), softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 ¾ c. milk shopping list
- 1 – 3.9 oz. (4 serving-size) package instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- milk chocolate, for grating shopping list
How to make it
- * Cook time is chill time.
- Cut pound cakes into 3/4 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Mix together hot water and instant espresso powder; set aside.
- Whip cream to firm peaks. In another bowl, beat Neufchatel cheese, 2/3 c. powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Taste; add up to an additional 1/3 c. powdered sugar to your tastes. Fold in a small amount of the whipped cream to lighten the mixture; then carefully fold in the rest of the whipped cream. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk and pudding mix. Let set five minutes. Whip in about 1 c. of the cheese/whipped cream mixture.
- In a large, clear, straight-sided bowl or a trifle bowl, place 1/4 of the cake cubes in. Drizzle about 1/4 c. of the espresso mixture over the cake; less if you prefer. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate mixture over the cake. Place another 1/4 of the cake cubes over the chocolate mixture, followed by drizzling another 1/4 c. of the espresso over the cake. Spread 1/2 of the cheese/whipped cream mixture over the cake cubes. Repeat layers again; 1/4 cake, coffee, remaining chocolate mixture, remaining cake, coffee, and remaining cheese/cream mixture. You should have 4 layers cake, 2 layers each chocolate mixture and cheese/cream mixture, alternated.
- Using a fine grater, grate milk chocolate bar over top of dessert and chill until serving. Delish!
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating5 people
Yummers girl friend..that'll work!! You be' cookin
now!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^5!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Oh, you are good.....I bet this was a hit!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
All the taste without the hassle! Love it!linspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!