Smoked Salmon ChowderFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat shopping list
- 1 small white onion diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 3/4 pound red potatoes scrubbed and diced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 7 cups fish stock shopping list
- 6 ounces smoked salmon diced shopping list
- 1 dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In 4 quart pot melt margarine and bacon fat.
- Sauté onion, celery, potatoes, garlic, thyme, tarragon and dill over medium heat.
- When onions are translucent reduce heat and add flour and paprika blending well.
- Stir in stock then add salmon, bay leaf, juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt, pepper and wine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in half-and-half and parsley.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Now that's god stuff chef. I love chowders too. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Chefmeow! You are on a roll! DELICIOUS!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Love this, going to make it soon!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!