Pineapple Coffee CakeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh or canned pineapple chunks, blotted dry and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan or coat it with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just blended. (Do not over mix.) Fold in pineapple. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and remaining 3 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
- Yield: 9 servings