Banana cream PieFrom lasaf 8 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- custard filling: shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy (or whipping) cream shopping list
- additional cream for garnish shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas , sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the crust. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a 9-inch pie plate: press the mixture evenly over the bottom and sides of the plate. Bake for 8 minutes: cool on rack.
- Prepare the custard filling: Beat the egg yolks in a medium size saucepan. Mix in the sugar, cornstarch and salt: stir in the milk. Add the butter, then set over medium heat. Cook stirring ,until the butter is melted and the mixture is bubbling and thick. About 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla.. Transfer the custard to a bowl and lay plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whip the 1/2 cup cream into stiff peaks and fold it into the chilled custard.
- Arrange the bananas in the crust: spoon the custard over the bananas. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, decoratively pipe additional whipped cream on top of the pie.
The Cooklasaf St. Paul, MN
The Rating4 people
Delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
mmmmm...thanksmagali777 in Mexico loved it
I love the fact that the custard is made from scratch! I may have to try this soon!:)lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!