Totally Fresh Violently Hot Salsa CrudaFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, stems removed shopping list
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, cleaned shopping list
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl of food processor, process garlic and jalapeno peppers until finely chopped. Into bowl, add cilantro, tomatoes, salt and cumin. Process until tomatoes are diced small, but not pureed.
- At this point, the salsa is very hot and can be used as is.
- To make it over-the-edge hot, process in the cayenne pepper with the tomatoes.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating10 people
Yeah Baby!! Just the way I like it. Sounds delicious... A great beginner salsa for Chilehead wannabes...LOL This would be perfect for Huevos Rancheros... You have been hitting my tastebuds lately JM..... ;-)~jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
yep its my kind of salsa love it ..........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
The hotter the better.
gindot in Temecula loved it