Best Ever Chocolate CakeFrom zena824 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 cup Unsifted unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup Sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup butter Or margarine shopping list
- Softened shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 cup butter Or Regular margarine shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup Unsifted confectioners' shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- -----FILLING----- shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled shopping list
- 1/4 cup Unsifted confectioners' shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa with boiling water, mixing with wire whisk until smooth.
- Cool completely.
- Sift flour with soda, salt and baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease well and lightly flour three 9 by 1 1/2 inch layer-cake pans.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, scraping bowl occasionally until light-about 5 mins.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture (in fourths), alternately with cocoa mixture (in thirds), beginning.
- and ending with flour mixture.
- Do not overbeat.
- Divide evenly into pans;smooth top. Bake 25 to 30 mins.
- , or until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- Cool in pans 10 mins.
- Carefully loosen sides with spatula; 4. Remove from pans; cool on racks.
- Frosting:In medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces,cream, butter;stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- With whisk, blend in 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- In bowl set over ice(I use ice cubes) beat until it holds shape.
- Filling: whip cream with sugar and vanilla;refrigerate.
- To assemble cake: On plate place a layer, top side down;spread with half of cream.
- Place second layer, top side down;spread with rest of cream.
- Place third layer, top side up. To frost: With spatula, frost sides first,covering whipped cream;use rest of frosting on top, swirling decoratively.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating9 people
Sounds like a cake I would not be able to resist! Thanks for posting.tpatti in Wellsville loved it
I see no calories on the ingredents list... I'll take 2 pieces please...
This is a keeper... You got my 5!
Anyone out there got those old cookbooks... Start posting... Please..linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I think I read somewhere that when you cut a cake or pie, or a cookie breaks... the calories fall out! I wonder if that goes for potatoes and pasta--- LOLlinebb956 in La Feria loved it