How hot is your grill fireFrom coffeebean 6 years ago
How to make it
- If you can stand the heat for less than one second, the grill is very hot, over 600°F.
- If you can hold your hand in place for 1 to 2 seconds, the grill is considered hot, or between 400° and 500° F.
- If you can withstand 3 to 4 seconds, the grill is medium, or 350° to 375° F.
- If you can hold your hand in place for 5 to 7 seconds, the grill is medium low, or 325° to 350° F.
- Source: "Grilling for a Crowd" by Tony Rosenfeld, "Fine Cooking", July 2007