Pates De Fruits Fruit JewelsFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare an 8x8-inch square pan by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spraying the bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook mango or strawberry pulp and sugar together in a medium saucepan over low heat until they form a very thick syrup. Depending on the thickness of your pulp, it will take between 30 minutes to 1 hour. The syrup should thickly coat the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Once the syrup has thickened enough, add the butter and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin while hot. Pour immediately into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight until set.
- Once the candies are completely set, cut them into small squares with a knife dipped in water.
- Roll in granulated sugar or leave plain. (The sugar makes them easier to store and stack, as it prevents them from sticking together.)
- Candies can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- borinda SoCal, CA
- jackal Aberdeen, WA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- lura Welcome To, KS
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- tippystclair North Hollywood, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating6 people
Gorgeous is good. mmmmmborinda in SoCal loved it
my mother loves this, thanks for sharing!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Lovely my friend. Good post. ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!