Beef Stew gluten-free egg-free dairy-free wheat-free yeast-freeFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 2 lbs stewing beef (cut into small pieces) shopping list
- 4-6 carrots, cut into pieces shopping list
- 4-6 potatoes, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 diced green pepper shopping list
- 1-2 medium onions, chopped (or onion powder, approx 2 1/2 tbsp) shopping list
- gluten free steak seasoning or gluten free mesquite rub (to taste) shopping list
- gluten free garlic powder or fresh garlic, 1 whole, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups V8 juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp instant tapioca shopping list
How to make it
- In a large crock or oven safe pan, add the following in order, without stirring:
- 2 pounds beef, raw
- Sprinkle on top of the beef: steak seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin
- You can omit the spices but it will be pretty bland.
- Peel and chop six carrots and add on top
- Peel and chop 2 celery stalks or use celery seed
- Peel and chop 6-8 potatoes.
- Next, add some more salt and pepper on top of the potatoes (to taste)
- Still, don't stir yet !!
- Pour on top, 3 cups of V8 juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 3 tablespoons instant tapioca.
- Cover with aluminum foil or lid and place in oven and bake at 250 degrees for 6 hours.
- Do not mix or raise the lid!! Just be patient and wait :+D
- When done, take out of the oven, remove the lid, and stir the ingredients.
- The potatoes will be broken down and mix into the sauce to help thicken it.
- Before serving, do a taste test and adjust the spices as needed.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating38 people
Great recipe - what a great idea to use the tapioca in it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
ohh thank you I will have to try this recipe
spoil_me2 in Canton loved it
gona give this a try thanks for posting it i have been wanting beef stew and of course i cant eat hardly anything so this really helps someone like me thanks ... bet it yummy megan..maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!