Pecan Pie CakeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans, toasted and divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 recipe pecan pie filling ( recipe to follow) shopping list
- 1 recipe Pastry Garnish (optional) ( recipe to follow) shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle 2 cups pecans evenly into 3 generously buttered 9-inch round cakepans; shake to coat bottoms and sides of pans.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and shorteningat medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in remaining 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed until stiff peaks form; fold one-third of egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining egg whites. (Do not overmix.) Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until done. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert layers onto wax paper-lined wire racks. Brush tops andsides of layers with corn syrup, and cool completely.
- Spread half of Pecan Pie Filling on 1 layer, pecan side up. Place second layer, pecan side up, on filling; spread with remaining filling. Top with remaining layer, pecan side up.
- Arrange Pastry Garnish on and around cake, if desired.
- makes 3 layers
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Peeta, you're going to be the death of me!uncoolmom in Atlanta loved it
oh my goodness! wonderful recipejett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds good, and looks yummie. Here's a high 5 for you. Thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!