The Soupe au PistouFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb. green beans shopping list
- 6 small potatoes, peeled & diced shopping list
- 5 onions, peeled & diced shopping list
- 5 carrots, peeled & diced shopping list
- 3 small turnips, peeled & diced shopping list
- 3 zucchini, diced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed shopping list
- 2 oz. lean bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 leek, cleaned & coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 head small cabbage,shredded shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- pinch of sage shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable broth pistou shopping list
- gruyère cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, then add the bacon, potatoes, leeks, carrots, sage and as much of the other vegetables the pan can hold and sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Pour the water and vegetable broth into a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, along with the rest of the vegetables, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for at least 40 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and continue cooking slowly for another 40-50 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- To serve:
- Place a tablespoon of pistou into soup bowls. Add some grated gruyère to each bowl. Ladle in the soup and stir.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
awwwwwwwwww comfort food i love soups and this has all the things i love in too thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it
I love pistou - mmmm, garlicky!elgab89 in Toronto loved it